Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why?

I find that long time residents of the Ohio Valley sometimes forget just how beautiful our little section of the world is. I often ask, "When was the last time you took a quiet scenic drive into the country on a sunny afternoon, or stopped in the middle of downtown Wheeling to look up in wonderment at the intricate stonework adorning the many classic buildings that still line the streets?" For me, these simple pleasures have become a passion.

That being said, I photograph what I see. Quite often what I see in the Ohio Valley has a melancholy tone which has lead to my photographic style being coined "Appalachian Gothic". I capture the subject in whole, including the flaws. My photos juxtapose inherent imperfection with natural beauty. Each observer is drawn in differently, some by beauty, others by flaws, but each destined to see the other side.

Artist works seen in:

www.fiveanddimebicycles.com

In Wheeling Magazine

The Intelligencer, Wheeling, WV

Oglebay Institute, Crosscurrents Exibit
(Honorable mention)

Barnseville, OH Photography Exibit (2nd place ribbon)

Ohio Valley Photography Club 5th Annual Photo Contest, (3rd place & honorable mention)

Permanent Photo Installation: Salsa Cafe, Wheeling, WV

No comments:

Post a Comment